Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2019

My Experience with the Warriors 070819

Wednesday 07 August 2019
My Experience with the Warriors



On a Wednesday afternoon, students as well as myself,
were given a fascinating suprise. This surprise took me by shock,
as I didn't recognize who they were, and why they were here.
I first saw them at lunch, whilst I was playing handball with a couple of friends.
At a point, I did see they had special t-shirts on,
and had loads of things stacked behind them,
but I never really took notice,
and thought they were just helpers of the hockey instructors. My bad.

Immediately after lunch, most students from years 6-8 were selected,
and granted the opportunity of training with the warriors!
The New Zealand Warriors! I was stunned,
yet at the same time, felt embarrassed of the fact,
I didn't recognize players representing our country.
There were three players in total.
Eliesa Katoa, Selestino Ravutaumada and Tohu Harris.
They each so kindly taught us skills which they do,
or have used in a game of rugby.
From my experience, I found it fun, and thought the session was very active.

At the end of our training, three students got prizes,
due to how they reacted and how well they adapted to
new skills. Thank you for your attention.

0 comments:

Post a Comment